Wood Furniture Care Guide
Solid wood furniture can last countless years if properly cared for so we've compiled some tips that will help extend the life your furniture.
- Avoid placing under direct sun light, to prevent UV damage.
- Avoid positioning very close to heaters or AC vents.
- Always use hot pads when placing warm serving dishes on your furniture.
- Very hot items such as a sauce pan or baking dish should never be placed on a tabletop, even with a hot pad.
- Use place mats to help protect the finish from dishes and silverware.
- Use coasters to help protect your furniture from moisture.
- We recommend you tape any extra parts and assembly hardware to the top inside of a drawer for discrete long-term storage should you need to replace a damaged part or disassemble your furniture.
- Use a cloth dampened with water or furniture polish.
- Follow the pattern of the wood grain.
- Do NOT use solvents such as alcohol for cleaning.
- For minor scratches and blemishes a common wax crayon can be used to fill the damaged area. Common wood colors are sold at hardware stores, but almost any crayon brand (including Crayola) can work in a pinch.